Friday, December 15, 2006

Whole-Wheat Pasta, The Office, Orson Scott Card and Christmas

I had whole-wheat pasta for dinner tonight. I don’t know if I like it because it tastes good or because my brain tells me that it might be better for me than regular pasta. Come to think of it, the texture wasn't very appealing.

I'm looking forward to "The Office" tonight. It is an hour long. I was pleasantly surprised to finally find a good new sitcom this season: I watched "Help Me Help You" for the first time the other night and genuinely laughed the whole way through. I am excited to watch the next episode.

I am starting the Alvin Maker series by Orson Scott Card. I've only read a little bit, but already I am enthralled/addicted. I was on an OSC kick a while back and I read Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, Enchantment, Sarah, and Monkey Sonatas. Every thing he writes, I fall in love with. He has such a mastery of words and story telling. I am excited to be an OSC addict again.

I love the Christmas season. Christmas shows (Rankin-Bass Rudolph, The Animated Grinch, White Christmas, and Christmas episodes of my favorite TV shows); Christmas smells (Pine, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, oranges, wrapping paper, scotch tape, new electronics just out of the box (I still remember when I opened up my first Nintendo and the robot that came with it had such an exciting new smell. (The games that you used the robot on were fun for a minute, but then it would take too long for his head to move and you would get frustrated and move on to Mario Bros., Excite Bike, Castlevania, or Ikari Warriors (I think it was up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-select-start to get extra lives or something cool like that))), and new He-Man figures (yes, I do say at the end of "Wassail and Apple Pie" that I want Skeletor)); and Christmas music (Nothing beats The Canadian Brass Christmas).

I hope you have a very merry Christmas.

Thank you for all of your support this year. I really am blessed.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever get a Skeletor? We have a Castle Grey Skull and a Heman and somewhere we have a Shera too. :D

~Shelly~

January 3, 2009 at 12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home