Monday, March 5, 2007

Opportunities and Happiness


February was a great month. I had two concerts in Utah: one at BYU and the other in Brigham City. Thanks to everyone who attended and laughed. Thanks to the organizers. I really felt taken care of at both shows.

When I meet new people, I love to hear their stories of how they are making their lives better. I am inspired to learn more and to do more. A good friend completed a huge task this past month. In the face of doubters and cynics, she was able to learn something brand new and make her project a huge success. The human spirit can do anything. It is powerful and wants to succeed. It gets angry when our laziness says, "I can't do it."

As I was traveling on a plane to do a concert recently, I read an interesting article in a magazine about being happy. People complain about being in a rut or being dealt a bad hand. When you find yourself in a difficult situation, ask yourself, "Why me? Why here? What can I learn? What can I do to make this an opportunity?"

We make our own opportunities. We create our own happiness.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home