Friday, May 18, 2007

Trampolines and "povers"





Thanks to everyone who came out to the LA screening of Pirates of the Great Salt Lake. It was a great success. I am excited to finally see this movie come into the light. I'll keep you all posted on the progress.
I just got a trampoline for the family this week. I had one growing up and loved it. It has been years since I've spent any real time on one and let me tell you, I'm not as young as I used to be. My back hurts. My thighs burn. I'm dizzy from the flipping and steamrollering. I think I'll use it more for sleeping out under the stars than for jumping. As a kid, that was always fun: piling on the blankets and pillows for a 'pover. (That's short for "sleep over." You see, you drop the "slee" and add the "p" to the "over." My friends and I thought we were really cool coming up with phrases like that.) It was always fun until we had to run inside because Dad forgot to turn off the sprinklers and we'd wake up frightened and wet trying to gather all the blankets and pillows and run in to the house. We'd end up throwing the blankets on the hard floor and I'd wake up in the morning with a headache and a cold. My mom was always hesitant to let me have 'povers because I would always come home with a headache or a cold or both. Regardless of the consequences, I still love the thrill of sleeping out in the backyard.
I hope to see you at one (or all) of my concerts this summer. Remember to tell Dad to turn off the sprinklers when you sleep out.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home